From June 10 to July 8, Bali is having its annual event which is Bali Art Festival or Pesta Kesenian Bali. Produced and promoted by the Balinese, this event is a space for local artists to showcase their talents. Bali Art Festival is taking place at the Taman Budaya Bali. At this Festival you can enjoy various traditional or contemporary dances, traditional puppet theater, music, and art competition and workshops. Bali is famous for its craftsmanship and hundreds of handcraft artists from many areas in Bali and other neighboring islands will also showcasing their skills.
Coming to this Festival is a must when you are in Bali, since this is the biggest traditional art festival in Bali, where you can take a journey through the Island’s artistic side from just one place. The local artists who perform on the stage was going through a selection that started from their own village and regency, and each of them is seen as the ambassador of the village and regency. Bali Art Festival has now become an iconic event of the island and has successfully preserving the tradition while keep finding new talents to bring new air to the art industry.
If you are planning to come to Bali Art Festival here is few things you have to prepare to make the most of your time.
- Get the program book from the committee at the entrance. Because with almost 200 beautiful events, it could get overwhelming. The program book will help you navigate your way through Bali Art Festival.
- Bali weather is famously sunny and hot, so don’t forget to bring an umbrella or hat, and keep your hydrated.
- Each of the art performance will take more than one hour long and you are not the only who wants to witness the greatness of Balinese art, so it could get crowded. Coming at least 15-minutes early to venue is the way to help you get the most comfortable spot.
- If you plan to be at the Festival for more than one day, we recommend you to get an accommodation to stay at around the Taman Budaya Bali. Akana Boutique Hotel at Sanur is the perfect place for your stay since it’s just 15 minutes driving to Taman Budaya Bali.
- Transportation plays a big role in your planning. Riding a motorbike is the easiest way because there is plenty of parking space for it. If you are going to go on a car or taxi then prepare for the traffic around the venue.
Full Schedule of Bali Art Festival can be found here